The Rockpile – The cheapest seats in Major League Baseball
Can you believe there are still $4 and $1 tickets available for an MLB game? It’s true! The Rockies box office offers “Day-of-Game” walk-up tickets for sale 2 hours before game time for most games – Opening Day, popular opponents (Cubs, RedSox, Yankees) and other special events may sell out in advance, as tickets are also offered online (albeit, at a higher price). Located in deep center field, the view is actually decent – especially for $1.
Note the following regarding the “Day-of’Game” tickets:
- $1 tickets are for those 12 and under and 55 and older; others will have to pay “full price” of (gasp) $4
- Walk-up Rockpile tickets go on sale 2 hours prior to game time
- There is a 4 ticket limit per person for adult tickets
- All parties must be present at the time of purchase because…
- All fans will be required to enter Coors Field immediately after purchasing Day-of-Game Rockpile tickets
Other Affordable Options at Coors Field
While the Rockpile are the absolute cheapest seats available, check out these other affordable options – with a better view to the action:
Standing room-only area located at the top of the Right Field stands, this is one of the more social areas within the ballpark. There is a drink rail to stand at and watch the game action, but the main attractions up here are the bars, Smashburger restaurant, and views of the surrounding skyline and the Front Range.